- TextPad runs on 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows® 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP and Server 2003, 2008 and 2012.
- Windows 10 is supported for the 2 most recent versions on the Current Branch.
- Conforms to the Microsoft Windows Guidelines for Accessible Software Design recommendations.
- It can handle file sizes up to the largest contiguous chunk of 32-bit virtual memory.
- User configurable syntax highlighting.
- The number of concurrent edits is limited by available Windows resources.
- Supports Universal Naming Convention (UNC) style, and long file names with spaces.
- 16-bit Unicode, UTF-8 and 8-bit text files with single and double byte characters can be edited.
- Text can be in either the ANSI (Windows) or OEM (DOS) code sets.
- DOS, UNIX, Macintosh, Netscape and mixed end of line characters are supported.
- Each document has a single MDI window with up to 4 views.
- The full range of fonts installed in MS Windows are supported.
- Up to 32 tab stops can be defined, along with a default tab spacing, and an indent size.
- Up to 16 (user configurable) most recently used files are listed on the File menu.
- Up to 64 user-defined commands can be added to the Tools menu.
- Up to 64 keystroke macros can be added to the Macros menu.