Community
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An unexplanable regex result

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ineuw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: An unexplanable regex result Reply with quote

I created 300 lines of the following url and then, wanted to add a column of numbers using regex Replace starting from 50. This column is copied and pasted in place of the "50", and thus access any page between 50 and 350 in edit mode.

I've done this 100's of times without issues, but now, the incrementation is in DESCENDING order. from 351 to 50. What am I doing wrong?

[code]Search =\n
Replace =\n\i{50}\t
[/code]

[https://en.wikisource.org/w/index.php?title=Page:On_the_Desert_-_Recent_Events_in_Egypt.djvu/50&action=edit On the Desert - Recent Events in Egypt.djvu/50]
MudGuard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the Search dialog (yes, Search, not Replace) - what is your setting for "Direction"?

Btw, I wouldn't do this with Regex, I'd use block selection and fill block.
ineuw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MudGuard"]in the Search dialog (yes, Search, not Replace) - what is your setting for "Direction"?

Btw, I wouldn't do this with Regex, I'd use block selection and fill block.[/quote]

The Search dialog direction was ascending. I also suspected directional settings like Sort, but everything was ascending.

Cleaning the configstate.xml "Find" and "Replace" entries solved the problem. I must do this regularly as the number of Find and Replace history exceed a limit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Community Forum Index -> Regular Expressions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: